Friday, July 30, 2010

Jus a li'l while back...

Wasn’t it just a little while back that we were kids, running around the table, chasing each other? Playing, teasing, squabbling without a care in the world. Never paying much attention to anything around us, we were always so immersed in our own play.

It’s like I blinked and everything is different now. The table has changed, the cupboards have changed and so have the walls. But most of all you have changed. You are now a Grown-up! Somehow that is the hardest thing for me to come to terms with.

You are no longer that cute little kid who painted my childhood with such fun splashes of colour. You are now this boy trying to find a footing in the adult world.

You are now this person I call friend. Someone who advices me, criticizes my mistakes and even someone I can have life-talks with!

When?? When did all this happen? What happened to that cute little boy who was always so curious about things, but too shy to ask? That person who blindly believed that he had a smaller appetite when I told him so, just cuz I wanted the bigger share of the cake? Who got frustrated when I teased him? Where did he go?

I always wish time would freeze and we remain what we are now. But not so with you. With you, I wish time would go back to when we were little kids, and we could still run around the table chasing each other…

2 comments:

  1. i love the fact that this piece is crisp and yet full of emotions... sweet emotions in simple words...

    you are improving with every piece! go on and explore your potential to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tana, this is really very touching. I liked every line in this and I too wish the same.

    ReplyDelete